Easy, delicious, and incredibly satisfying, these black bean burritos are the weeknight dinner you need in your life. Homemade, easy, healthy, and delicious! A Mexican meatless meal at its finest! Better than Taco Bell! Vegetarians and meat-eaters love this plant-based lunch or dinner. Makes a great burrito bowl too!
- 2 (10 inches) flour tortillas
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 (15 ounces) can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Wrap tortillas in foil and place in oven heated to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Bake for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Heat oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Place onion, bell pepper, garlic, and jalapenos in skillet, cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Pour beans into skillet, cook 3 minutes stirring.
- Cut cream cheese into cubes and add to skillet with salt.
- Cook for 2 minutes stirring occasionally. Stir cilantro into the mixture.
- Spoon mixture evenly down center of warmed tortilla and roll tortillas up.
- Serve immediately